DR.RAGHAVA SARMA POLAVARAPU
M.D., D.M Cardiology) (PGIMER, Chandigarh) , F.A.C.C., F.S.C.A.I., F.E.S.C.,
26 yrs experience in Clinical cardiology seeing of about 100 OPPatients (average) per day and taking care of 100 IN-Patients. Well versed in all Non invasive cardiac tests with vast experience.
- Registration No.
- JIPMER, Pondicherry from 1978-1984
- Achieved Honors in Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology & Medicine
- M.D (Internal Medicine)
- PGIMER, Chandigarh from 1985-1987
- Achieved medal for Academic excellence
- D.M Cardiology
- PGIMER, Chandigarh from 1988-1989
- Stood 1st in DM Cardiology
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
Lalitha Super Specialities Hospital (P) Ltd,
Heart, Brain, Trauma & Multispecialities,
Kothapet, Guntur-522001.A.P., INDIA
Residence : 0863 2221545
Hospital : 0863 2222866
Mobile : +91 9440 80035
Address for Communication
- MEMBER OF INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- MEMBER OF CARDIOLOGY SOCIETY OF INDIA
- MEMBER OF ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS OF INDIA
- MEMBER OF INDIAN SOCIETY OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPY
- FELLOW OF SCAI (F.S.C.A.I)
- FELLOW OF AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY (F.A.C.C)
- FELLOWSHIP OF THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY (F.E.S.C)
- ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER IN INDIAN HEART JOURNAL
A. 26 yrs experience in Clinical cardiology seeing of about 100 OPPatients (average) per day and taking care of 100 IN-Patients. Well versed in all Non invasive cardiac tests with vast experience.
B. Single person extensive experience in Interventional cardiology
- Coronary Angiograms & Total Procedures – 105600
- Transradial Angiograms - 20200
- Total Balloon Angioplasty and Stents – 21046
- Transradial Angioplasty – 8046
- Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty(PBMV) – 936
- Permanent Pacemaker – 749
- Radio Frequency Ablation – 218
- Carotid Angioplasty – 778
- Subclavian Angioplasty – 80
- ASD Device Closures – 245
- PDA & VSD Device Closures – 123
- Renal angioplasty - 67
- Peripheral Angioplasty & stenting – 335
- Cardiac rsynchronisation Therapy – 5
- IVC Filter - 45 C
C. Pioneered in Acute Angioplasty, Stenting and in Intra arterial thrombolysis in Stroke
D. First to start Cardiac Cath Lab and Bypass Surgeries in Guntur catering to 4 districts – Prakasam, Nalgonda, Nellore and Guntur Districts
1) Dr.NTR Vaidya Seva trust Awarded 1st Place in Andhra Pradesh for “Best Performing Speciality” in Cardiology Department – 2018.
2) Awarded the Best Teaching Faculty for the Year 2018-19 in the Department of Cardiology by ANBAI
3) Chairman Scientific Committee for APCSI 2019
4) President Elect APCSI 2019
5) Received Vaidya Ratna award from Spandana Visishta Seva award committee in 1999, “Dhanvanthri Award” from Dasari Cultural Academy, Guntur and “Vocational excellence award” for medical service from Rotary Club, Guntur.
Adopted two primary health centers namely Pedakurapadu and vellatore. In this project we conduct two FREE HEALTH CAMPS every month since 2004 to provide treatment in the slum and rural areas. Daily parallel free OPD in Hospital (average – 45 pts). Total Free Angio’s done – 8000. Total number free Health camps conducted till now – 750. Every day a worth of around Rs.20,000 to 30,000 concession were given to the needy middle class patients apart from the free camps and free services.
Donations to many merit students for their Education expenditure regularly from the “Kutumba Rao Charitable Trust” which was named after the demise of his Father-in-law. And also many donations from Lalitha super specialities hospital to various Voluntary Service Organizations, Charitable Trusts, Chief Minister Relief Fund, Temples, Colleges, Orphanages, Seva bharathi, at the time of Natural Calamities etc.
|01.||Critical Illness||IV||Reliance clinical Research/ Sanofi Aventis||Completed|
|02.||Cardiovascular Diseases (POLYPILL)||III||George Institute/Imperial college London||Recruitment Target achieved – 2nd highest recruiter i|
01.Participated in “The Create Registry” which is multicentric observation study in Acute Coronary syndrome done from St. John’s Medical college & Research Institute, Bangalore.
02.Y.Chandra Sekhar MD, Inder S.Anand MD, Raghav Sarma MD et al. Effects of prolonged infusion of human alpha calcitonin gene-related peptide on hemodynamics, renal blood flow and hormone levels in congestive heart failure. The American Journal of Cardiology Volume 67, Issue 8, 1 April 1991, Pages 732–736.
03.PV Raghava Sharma, R Murli Babu Rao. Coronary Angiography- Left Trans Radial Approach- Our Experience in 4500 cases. Indian Heart J 2007; 58: 396405.
http://indianheartjournal.com/2007_%20magzines/sep-oct2007/sepoct2007.htm (Abstract No-40, page 14)