Dr. VIJAYA PAMIDIMUKKALA
M.D.,D.M (NEUROLOGY) (PGIMER, Chandigarh)
Started the first stroke unit in Andhra Pradesh and developed it in to an advanced and comprehensive stroke centre managed by 24/7 Stroke Alert team. Her special interest is Stroke management and main expertise in the field of comprehensive stroke therapy. Currently she is running an active stroke program treating about 125 stroke cases per month.Our center is one of the first to start IV thrombolysis & pioneered IA thr ombolysis, Acute Carotid Angioplasties, Intracranial Angioplasties and other Interventional Stroke therapies. She has the maximum Experience and data in the South East Asian region in this field. Presented papers at National conferences and International Conferences like world Congress of Neurology (WCN), World Stroke Congress (WSO), International Stroke Conference (ISC), European Society of cardiology (ESC), Asian Oceanian Congress of Neurology (AOCN).
Our center is one of the 12 in India to be selected for a European stroke registry (SITS -NEW). Started Ankineedu Stroke Center with the Mission “Pre vent stroke in the Society”.She has conducted several Public awareness programs and Free health camps regarding the stroke patients. She achieved Gold Medals for 2 consecutive years for World stroke Day activities from the World Stroke Organization. Started Stroke Volunteer Network program involving the students and General public as stroke volunteers.
- Registration No.
- 1978 to 1984 Guntur Medical College
- Obtained gold medals in Physiology, pathology, Ophthalmology and Surgery Honors in Microbiology, Medicine and several university Ranks
- Received A.B. Shetty Prize for the “Best -all rounder student” of the final year MBBS course
- Received Gold. Medal for the “Best out-going student
- M.D (General Medicine)
- 1985 to 1987 in the premier institute of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research P
- Won Gold Medal for topping her batch in 1987
- D.M Neurology
- assed in 1990 with distinction, PGIMER, Chandigar
- Date of Birth
- 8-July -1962
- Marital Status
Lalitha Super Specialities Hospital (P) Ltd,
Heart, Brain, Trauma & Multispecialities,
Kothapet, Guntur-522001.A.P., INDIA
Hospital : 0863 2222866
Mobile : +91 9440808621
Address for Communication
- MEMBER OF INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- MEMBER OF CARDIOLOGY SOCIETY OF INDIA
- MEMBER OF ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS OF INDIA
- MEMBER OF INDIAN SOCIETY OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPY
- FELLOW OF SCAI (F.S.C.A.I)
- FELLOW OF AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY (F.A.C.C)
- FELLOWSHIP OF THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY (F.E.S.C)
- ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER IN INDIAN HEART JOURNAL
A. 26 yrs experience in Clinical cardiology seeing of about 100 OPPatients (average) per day and taking care of 100 IN-Patients. Well versed in all Non invasive cardiac tests with vast experience.
B. Single person extensive experience in Interventional cardiology
- Coronary Angiograms & Total Procedures – 105600
- Transradial Angiograms - 20200
- Total Balloon Angioplasty and Stents – 21046
- Transradial Angioplasty – 8046
- Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty(PBMV) – 936
- Permanent Pacemaker – 749
- Radio Frequency Ablation – 218
- Carotid Angioplasty – 778
- Subclavian Angioplasty – 80
- ASD Device Closures – 245
- PDA & VSD Device Closures – 123
- Renal angioplasty - 67
- Peripheral Angioplasty & stenting – 335
- Cardiac rsynchronisation Therapy – 5
- IVC Filter - 45 C
C. Pioneered in Acute Angioplasty, Stenting and in Intra arterial thrombolysis in Stroke
D. First to start Cardiac Cath Lab and Bypass Surgeries in Guntur catering to 4 districts – Prakasam, Nalgonda, Nellore and Guntur Districts
1) Dr.NTR Vaidya Seva trust Awarded 1st Place in Andhra Pradesh for “Best Performing Speciality” in Cardiology Department – 2018.
2) Awarded the Best Teaching Faculty for the Year 2018-19 in the Department of Cardiology by ANBAI
3) Chairman Scientific Committee for APCSI 2019
4) President Elect APCSI 2019
5) Received Vaidya Ratna award from Spandana Visishta Seva award committee in 1999, “Dhanvanthri Award” from Dasari Cultural Academy, Guntur and “Vocational excellence award” for medical service from Rotary Club, Guntur.
Adopted two primary health centers namely Pedakurapadu and vellatore. In this project we conduct two FREE HEALTH CAMPS every month since 2004 to provide treatment in the slum and rural areas. Daily parallel free OPD in Hospital (average – 45 pts). Total Free Angio’s done – 8000. Total number free Health camps conducted till now – 750. Every day a worth of around Rs.20,000 to 30,000 concession were given to the needy middle class patients apart from the free camps and free services.
Donations to many merit students for their Education expenditure regularly from the “Kutumba Rao Charitable Trust” which was named after the demise of his Father-in-law. And also many donations from Lalitha super specialities hospital to various Voluntary Service Organizations, Charitable Trusts, Chief Minister Relief Fund, Temples, Colleges, Orphanages, Seva bharathi, at the time of Natural Calamities etc.
|01.||Critical Illness||IV||Reliance clinical Research/ Sanofi Aventis||Completed|
|02.||Cardiovascular Diseases (POLYPILL)||III||George Institute/Imperial college London||Recruitment Target achieved – 2nd highest recruiter i|
01.Participated in “The Create Registry” which is multicentric observation study in Acute Coronary syndrome done from St. John’s Medical college & Research Institute, Bangalore.
02.Y.Chandra Sekhar MD, Inder S.Anand MD, Raghav Sarma MD et al. Effects of prolonged infusion of human alpha calcitonin gene-related peptide on hemodynamics, renal blood flow and hormone levels in congestive heart failure. The American Journal of Cardiology Volume 67, Issue 8, 1 April 1991, Pages 732–736.
03.PV Raghava Sharma, R Murli Babu Rao. Coronary Angiography- Left Trans Radial Approach- Our Experience in 4500 cases. Indian Heart J 2007; 58: 396405.
http://indianheartjournal.com/2007_%20magzines/sep-oct2007/sepoct2007.htm (Abstract No-40, page 14)